3/30/10

More than a Picture, Part 1





More Than a Picture




I’m haunted by the kiss that I never did taste from your lips

Leave you in the realm of things never said

Where you’re a ghost upon my skin



I’m haunted by the glimpse of an impossible future between us

-and between us to keep-

Still I gaze on your nakedness and wish it were more than a picture



We’re hunted by time and sometimes I still wish you were mine

Or that young love was easily forgotten, instead it lingers forever

As a splinter in my heart though I know all the reasons

We must be apart – I know and believe them

I gaze on your nakedness still, and I wish it were more than a picture



More than a picture

More perfect than flesh

My Goddess immortal, to know you would mean your death

So tell me then Never, as loud as a whisper

And we’ll finally put it to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment